How EPA works
EPAmail User's Manual
E-Mail News & Comments
BETA SITE OFFER DETAILS
Here's an opportunity to get rid of all unwanted incoming e-mail at one of your organization's domains.
Pragmas Inc will supply your organization with an operational version of the EPA process -
including a beta-site license, all necessary software, installation support and ongoing technical support.
This offering will be free of current and future Pragmas' fees in return for your participation, your critiques
and your comments.
Your organization can choose to apply EPA to a domain which is hosted on either:
Pragmas believes (and has not yet found otherwise) that the EPA process is scaleable to any number of
mailboxes and domains that can be operated in a single UNIX/'sendmail' hardware/software host system.
- An organization-local mail server - where EPA can process all incoming and outgoing, Internet and intra-net e-mail traffic.
- A Pragmas Inc mail server - where EPA can only process incoming Internet traffic.
This offer is subject to the following conditions and restrictions:
Pragmas Inc would prefer beta-site organizations:
- For an organizationally-hosted EPA domain: 1) The server must use UNIX/'sendmail'(8.12 or later) hardware/software system to support
e-mail operations; and 2) All or a portion of the mailboxes of one or more domains can be subjected to the EPA process; and 3)
E-mail can be delivered to a local mailbox or forwarded to a remote mailbox or discarded or bounced.
- For a Pragmas-hosted EPA domain: 1) All domain mailboxes are subjected to the EPA process; and 2) E-mail must be forwarded to a remote
mailbox, discarded or bounced; and 3) Each domain has a name of the general form 'EPAmailXX.com.
- Administration of the EPA process requires use of a Windows system environment which can access the
EPA host system via Internet or intranet.
- Whose normal operations generate a high volume of incoming e-mail.
- Who gather e-mail cost and performance metrics
- That are located in the area of Florida bounded on the north by Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville.
NOTE: If your organization is located in some other area, please contact us to discuss the
feasibility of remote post-installation technical support.)
To take this to the next step, please have your E-mail Administrator or System Administrator contact
- By e-mail with 'RE:BSO ' as the Subject
- By telephone ... 561-844-0000